Ahhh, the humble spindle. I feel like I haven't spun in ages-- in reality it's probably been more like 6 weeks, but that's pretty long! There has been much talk of spinning on blogs and Ravelry lately and man oh man is it getting to me. My fingers are itching. My wheel is waiting. My spindles are dropping. Yes, I'm joining the tour.
Tour de Fleece! The idea is to do something awesome and challenging, perhaps not quite as awesome or challenging as a crazy long-ass bike ride, but cool nonetheless. The main guidelines are as follows:
Spin every day the Tour rides, if possible. Saturday June 29th
through Sunday July 21st. Days of rest: Monday July 8th and Monday July
15th. (Just like the actual tour.)
- Spin something challenging on the challenge day (usually the toughest high mountain stage: this year, it’s Stage 18, on Thursday, July 18th, when they climb Alpe d’Huez twice).
- Spin for at least 15 minutes every day (which I will begin practicing starting tomorrow because I already said I would).
- Finish two skeins (8 oz) of gradient-dyed BFL from June Pryce Fiber Arts on my wheel (which I've barely begun but won't touch again until the tour starts).
- Finish 3 more breeds (3 oz) for my Ongoing Spinner's Study.
- Extra-special-gold-star-challenge: Wash, process, and spin 1 oz of wool from my first fleece.